Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

I Wanna Go to Chick Fil-A

Once upon a time, in a small college town, there appeared.....a CHICK-FIL-A! AND, the crowds went WILD!!!

Y'all. This long awaited day has been prayed for, literally and figuratively!

That said, I'm loading my crew up and we are CAMPING OUT, yes, camping out at Chick Fil-A for 24 hours!!! The First 100 campout is actually a pretty big deal! Some folks are like "it's just free chicken!", but, to me, it's much bigger than that.

This campout represents time with my boys, camping out (which they've been begging for, all [Louisiana] summer long!). It represents supporting the Ruston community and the growth in our city! It supports a fellow Louisiana Tech alumni couple and sorority sister in their venture to open the business! It supports Chick-fil-A, a company that has given back so much, one that my family (and, let's face it...all moms) loves and supports!

Oh, and speaking of a supportive company, we are bringing 2 big bags of books to donate to their book drive for the local Boys and Girls club! As well as, I believe, part of the day tomorrow, we will be assembling meals for those in need. This is a great opportunity to show my kids ways to give back.

So, as I have my list made for "what to bring" and my kids 'wishing it were tomorrow', I hope there is a great turnout tomorrow morning (at 5:30AM) but not more than 100, so we don't have to do the lottery!

If you're thinking about it, come join us! For more info in the rules, click here!


SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment