Search This Blog

Friday, September 10, 2010

On the Road Again.....

So, once again, I'm on the road. This time, back to the lovely state of Texas. We are heading to College Station, going to cheer on the DAWGS! Last time I was at Kyle Field to watch the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs, we had a 2 hour rain delay....and what a light show we got! The lightning was pretty intense, but we lucked out having seats under the overhang.....the entire stadium cleared except the the 'chosen few' that had prime seats.

As much as I am a LOUISIANA TECH fan, I do have to give some props to the Aggies....I have mad respect for their traditions. When I worked at Pine Cove Christian Camps in Tyler, TX, most of my friends had a "whoop" or some secret hand signal that that expressed (multiple times) throughout the summer. I learned to love my A&M friends.....I love that group of people and their traditions.


Something special about this weekend is that we will remember the anniversary of September 11th, 2001; one of the most monumental days in American history, a day that I will always remember. Sitting in Coach Turner's Advanced Math class, finding out that a plane flew into
the World Trade Center. At first, I knew it was something horrible, something awful, but I didn't know what lasting affects it would have on "my Country". Students somberly shuffled to their next class period. Settling into Mrs. Neal's World History class, we gathering in our desks around the television that she had on. And then it happened, we saw it happen.....Flight 175 flew straight into the South Tower. It is a day that I will never forget.

In honor of September 11th, I've thought about making a stop by the George Bush Presidential Library and Museum while in College Station this weekend. Whatever else we decide to do tomorrow (other than attending the football game), I know that I will take a moment to remember what happened 9 years ago. I will say a prayer for the families that lost loved ones that day, and I will thank God that I live in a nation founded on FREEDOM.

"I'm proud to be an American!"

Go DAWGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment